01 October 2010

Retreat

So any minute now I'm leaving for a women's retreat.  It's kinda funny how I've been reflecting so much lately on how desperately I need to be taking more time to just focus on God... how I need to slow life down a little.  This weekend is the perfect opportunity... in fact, that's pretty much the whole purpose of a spiritual retreat... and I am literally panicking at the thought of leaving my laptop home and all of the studying that will be waiting for me when I return.  The one thing I need most is time without the distractions of my to-do list so I can focus solely on  just being... and my stomach is in knots at the thought of being out in the woods with no way to "accomplish" anything.  And this is why this needs to be my focus and my goal for this time in my life.  As much as I crave quiet and simplicity, it is sooo difficult for me to get out of my own way.

Deep breath... here I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment